Lexer is a young technology start-up who is proudly obsessed with data - especially the Social and Behavioural kind.
For the last 18 months Lexer and it’s small team of developers have been busy working on two products: Lexer Listen & Lexer Target.
In typical start-up fashion, the products have been in closed beta, but since their inception they’ve been quietly working away for some of Australias largest brands & agencies.
For Lexer, it’s all about to change - it’s time to rip that beta badge off the products and bring them to the masses.
To achieve this Lexer is looking for Data Analysts.
Working closely with the Founder (@d2kagw) the Data Analysts will:
Analyse Social Conversations:
collected by Lexer Listen, our social media monitoring tool
Produce Client Reports:
based on a brief given to you by the greater team, using the Listen dashboard
by diving deep into our clients rich Social and Display Media data and constantly asking why
The successful applicant should:
- Be passionate about data, online marketing and technology
- Have studied, or is studying in the fields of Media, Marketing or Communications
- Have strong communication skills - the ability to communicate data and insights in simple terms
- Be driven, autonomous, open-minded and hungry for more
- Be able to work a minimum of two days a week
Introduce themselves by emailing links of their social media profiles (Twitter, LinkedIn, etc) to
Note: Contact from agents of any kind will be ignored - We’re not interested.
Analysis & Insights (90%)
- Accept report briefs from the Lexer team and extract data from Lexer Listen to produce reports
- Use tools like Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Powerpoint to generate high-quality insights, graphs and sheets
- Keep abreast with the in’s-and-out’s of our clients data, help Lexer analyse and review insights
- Collect, generate and share industry-wide data and insights with Lexer and our clients
Product & Company Development (10%)
- Contribute in workshops and product reviews, sharing your ideas and visions for the future of Lexer, our products and our services
- Have a degree in or be studying in the field of Media, Marketing and/or Communications
- Have a strong understanding of data, data Analytics, Insight generation and social Media
- Strong communication skills, the ability to communicate data and insights is paramount
- Be computer and data savvy
- A Passion to learn, innovate and fight for what’s right and good
- Experience as Data Analyst would be greatly beneficial
- Ability to work 16 hours a week during business hours
Lexer builds software that collects online data, which it turns into actionable insights. Increasing clients marketing efficiency and effectiveness.
To deliver on this, Lexer, based in Melbourne, has two products:
Social Media Monitoring
Campaign Targeting & Optimisation
Even though both products have been in closed-beta since their inception, they’re already in use by a few of Australias most recognised brands. And now, after many months of active development, both products are ready to lose their beta badge and go public.
In addition to the two products, Lexer offers consulting services to help businesses comprehend & employ the data collected and the insights generated.
Although small, Lexer is thinking big, and 2011 has been off to a cracking start.
We have the technology and support to build the Lexer business - all we need now are the right people!
If this role sounds like your thing, then you should certainly