Privacy Statement for Lexer.com.au
- Your trust and confidence is important to us, Lexer conducts its business under Privacy Act 1988 and the National Privacy Principles as set out below.
Lexer Acts as an Agent for our Customers
- Lexer acts as an Agent for each of our Customers, in that we provide our services solely for the benefit of the customer. Each of our customers use Lexer’s software to understand more about their users interaction with their social media. Through Lexer, our customers can provide users with more relevant products or offers.
- Lexer identifies relevance through the users interaction with our customer’s websites and social media. This data may include referrals, event data (such as impressions, clicks, etc), visitation habits and information regarding a users relationship with the customer. We also collect certain technical information, such as the browser version and operating system.
- We do, however, reserve a limited right to disclose any data we collect if required by law or valid order of a court or other governmental authority. We only collect anonymous usage data from safe websites and media which are registered on our system. These properties participate the customers by placing a small piece of Lexer tracking code on each of their pages, banners or emails.
Our Customers’ Use of Lexer
If you would prefer, you can set your browser to reject cookies. In most cases, Lexer will utilise a Local Shared Object (a “Flash cookies”) to help identify a user. Like browser cookies, you can easily clear out or completely disable your local shared object functionality. For instructions, please visit this page on the
As a visitor to any of our customers sites, you can deactivate our and therefore our customers ability to analyse your web browsing behaviour, which will universally deactivate this ability on all customer sites (including the Lexer web sites) currently using our services. For Lexer to ignore your web browsing behaviour, you will need to accept a cookie indicating your choice to do so. Please visit our opt-out page at
for more information.
- Lexer is committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of our customers and visitors to our web site. In particular, we want you to know that we are not in the business of selling or renting individuals personal data to other companies.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
- Personal information is any information about you that identifies you or information by which your identity can be reasonably determined.
- Anonymous Information: In general Lexer collects only anonymous data concerning internet use. For example, we do not tie a specific visit to an email address or name. Therefore, you can browse our web site without giving us any personal information. We use our own products to gain insights on this web site in order continually improve our site and products for them. For more information, see Privacy Statement for Visitors to Sites Tracked by Lexer.
- Personal Information: Lexer may collect personal information necessary to one or more of its activities. Lexer collects your personal information when you sign up for a service or for a promotional activity. This information is obtained when you provide it to us, in order to provide that service or offer to you.
- As previously outlined, such data is not sold or rented to other companies.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Unless required by the law, Lexer will not sell, trade or rent, to third parties any personal information obtained from you unless you have consented. Additionally, without your consent we may disclose personal information where:
- the secondary purpose of disclosure is directly related to the primary purpose for which the information was collected and you would reasonably expect us to disclose that information for the secondary purpose;
- we reasonably believe that use or disclosure is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious threat to your or the public’s health or safety;
- we have reason to suspect that unlawful activities have been or are being engaged in; or
- we are preparing for or conducting proceedings before a court or tribunal; or
- such action is necessary in connection with a sale, merger, transfer, exchange or other disposition (whether of assets, stock or otherwise) of all or a portion of our business and/or the business of our subsidiaries.
In some instances:
- we rely on our channel partners to fulfill product trials and information requests, and provide customers and prospective customers with information about Lexer and its solutions. To do this, we may pass your information to them for that purpose only, provided and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
- we sometimes hire vendor companies to provide limited services on our behalf, including packaging, mailing and delivering items, sending postal mail, providing technical support, and processing event registrations.
- we may use third party information or technology in our products and disclose customer information to such third parties solely for the purposes of fulfillment, support, or audit by such third parties. We may also license/transfer or sell-off our technology to third parties, and in connection with such transitions, we may disclose customer data to the transferee.
By using our web site and providing us with your personal information, you consent to this use and disclosure of your personal information as set out above. If you require further information on the channel partners, vendor companies or third parties to whom your information may have been passed in connection with Lexer activities please contact
Children and Privacy
- Our web site does not offer information intended to attract children. We do not knowingly solicit personal information from children under the age of 13.
- A cookie is a small text file containing information that a web site transfers to your computers hard disk for record-keeping purposes. Cookies allow us to manage our communications with you. A cookie cannot give us access to your computer or to information beyond what you provide to us. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. Consult your browsers manual or online help if you want information on restricting or disabling the browsers handling of cookies. If you disable cookies, you can still view the publicly available information on our web site. We use our own products to gather insights on this web site in order to understand our customers and visitors needs and to continually improve our site and products for them. For more information, see Privacy Statement for Visitors to Sites Tracked by Lexer.
Keeping Your Information Secure
Lexer has security measures designed to protect against loss, misuse and/or alteration of the personal information under its control. These security measures are:
- clauses in employee agreements requiring confidentiality;
- computer controls to prevent unauthorised external access;
- the provision of written advice to third parties of their requirement to comply with the Privacy Act 1988 and the National Privacy Principles in their dealings with Lexer.
Do you have to be identified at all?
- Wherever it is lawful and practicable to do so, Lexer may offer you the opportunity to deal with it anonymously. For example, when making an inquiry about the type of products or services Lexer may offer. In some cases however, the nature of Lexer’s services is such that anonymity cannot be maintained.
Does your personal information leave Australia?
Lexer does not send your personal information outside Australia unless:
- the recipient is bound by similar National Privacy Principles;
- it is necessary for the performance of a contract;
- it is for your benefit;
- you have or would likely to have given consent; or
- it is not practicable to obtain your consent.
- Sensitive information concerns your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, political associations, religious beliefs, sexual preferences, criminal record and health. Unless you have consented, Lexer does not collect, use or disclose your sensitive information other than in exceptional circumstances.
Links to Other Web Sites
Unsubscribing From Lexer Communications and Newsletters
To unsubscribe from Lexer communications and product & service announcements, please email
Accessing Your Personal Information and how to contact us?
You are entitled to access the personal information that we hold. Email your request to
An administrative fee may be payable.
Aaron Wallis: Founder
Postal: PO Box 5115, Laburnum PO, Blackburn
Phone: (03) 9010 5775
This policy was last updated 19 July 2010.